The following minimum requirements are required for the operation of the shop software:
The required server hardware is mostly dependent on the number of steel products available in your shop and on the expected traffic (visitors per day). Upon request, we’ll gladly send you guidelines for suitable server equipment. These requirements are met by most modern hosting providers. Our support team will be pleased to advise you.
- Debian-based operating system (preferably Ubuntu)
- Apache 2.x
- PHP 7.1 with ionCube-Loader
- MySQL >= 5.5
- ElasticSearch 5.x
- Possibility of running cronjobs
- Possibility of running shell commands in the shop’s context
- Minimum 5GB free space
Required webserver settings / PHP settings
- memory_limit > 256M
- upload_max_filesize 6M
- post_max_size 8M
- magic_quotes_gpc deactivated
- allow_url_fopen activated
- register_globals deactivated
- Possibility of modifying webserver settings via .htaccess
PHP Extensions / Web server
- Apache mod_rewrite
- GD Library version > 2.0
- cURL Library installed
- PHP Calendar Extension
- PHP Zip Extension
- PDO / PDO_Mysql
- PHP Curl
- PHP mbstring
- PHP openssl
- PHP XML
- PHP iconv
- PHP session
- We strongly recommend the usage of APCu for a good steel.shop performance.
- Notice for ESD: If you are using ESD functionality we strongly recommend X-Sendfile (Apache) oder X-Accel (nginx).
|Attention: Please keep in mind, that these values are absolute minimum requirements, when you are using steel.shop in a high-traffic-environment or you have a huge amount of steel products in your shop, we highly recommend to upgrade the server resources.|
The requirements specified above reflect only the minimum requirements of steel.shop. Specific hardware requirements vary depending on the size and expected traffic of your shop. Additional server configuration may be required. Plugins installed on your shop may increase steel.shop’s resource needs or add additional system dependencies. Please refer to each plugin’s documentation for more information.
Alternative server setups
The above requirements reflect the officially supported and recommended system setup to run steel.shop. However, you might be able to run steel.shop on equivalent setups (Mac OS, nginx, MariaDB, etc).
Please keep in mind that we are unable to provide official support for setting up such servers and setups. The setup of such an alternative server with all mandatory system requirements is task of the respective hosting partner.
The administration of your shop can be done completely online via the web browser. The following requirements should be met by any client system that uses the administration backend. These requirement differ from the frontend user system requirements.
- Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer version 11 or higher
- 4 GB RAM
- Dual-core CPU
- Minimum backend resolution: 1366 x 768 pixels
You can find an overview of our Hosting Partners here.